B.F. Environmental Consultants based in Northeastern Pennsylvania and the Poconos region has been providing professional geological soils hydrogeological environmental consulting services since 1985. The company specializes in the following areas: hydrogeological and wastewater evaluations for siting land-based wastewater disposal systems; soils consulting (soil scientists), environmental monitoring, overseeing the siting, exploration, and development of community/ commercial water supply sources; environmental training/ professional training courses, and other environmental services.
- Conducting soil, hydrogeological and wastewater evaluations for siting individual & community wastewater disposal systems and evaluations related to updating Wastewater Management Plans Act 537 issues and working with Act 26 developments;
- Conducting sanitary surveys and overseeing the siting, exploration, and development of new community/ commercial water supply sources as part of Developing Source Water Protection Plans;
- Developing, conducting and interpreting the results of surface and groundwater quality monitoring programs as related to water supply development, contaminate migration, or geochemical analysis;
- Soils evaluation, infiltration testing, hydroconductivity testing related to developing, and siting stormwater infiltration systems;
- Soils investigations, soil morphological evaluations, infiltration testing, hydroconductvity testing, and evaluating and determining optimal loading and application rates for spray and drip irrigation wastewater disposal and groundwater recharge systems; and
- Detailed hydrogeological studies as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP).
Because of Mr. Oram background in Environmental Pollution Control and research on removal mechanisms for the parasitic protozoan Giardia, Cryptosporidium, B.F. Environmental Consultants has been involved with developing Source Water Protection Plans, Private Well Ordinances, and Regional Watershed/ Groundwater Assessments. The company has provided expert testimony in the fields of environmental science, hydrology, soils, on-lot wastewater disposal, drinking water quality, and geology. The company has also assisted in the evaluation and remediation of both private wells and regulated water sources.
We are in the process of setting up Face-to-Face Courses. They will be posted here at our New Training Portal - Training Professionals Online Training Courses. We will be scheduling courses in soil science, soil morphology, hydric soils, and water sampling.