PA Sewage Enforcement Officer, Professional Soil Scientist, and Soil Science Consulting Services
B.F. Environmental Consultants Inc. based in Northeastern Pennsylvania and the Poconos region has been providing professional geological, soils, hydrogeological, environmental consulting services, and sewage enforcement officer services since 1985. The company specializes in the following areas: hydrogeological and wastewater evaluations for siting land-based wastewater disposal systems; soils consulting, environmental monitoring, overseeing the siting, exploration, and development of community/ commercial water supply sources; expert witness/ reviewer for municipalities, and other environmental services
The company specializes in the following areas:
- Conducting soil, hydrogeological and wastewater evaluations for siting individual & community wastewater disposal systems.
- PA Sewage Enforcement Officer and Professional Soil Science related activities including soils testing, expert testimony, hydroconducting testing, developing soil morphologically based system sizing criteria, failed system evaluations, waste stream characterization, and soil science services for municipalities and townships.
- Soils evaluation, infiltration testing, hydroconductivity testing related to developing and siting large volume land-based wastewater disposal systems and water reuse projects.
- Conducting On-site Inspections and House to House Surveys related to evaluating individual on-lot disposal systems and updates to 537 Plans.
- Assisting with the preparation of Large Volume Land Based Wastewater Disposal Alternatives, including drip irrigation, seasonal/year-round spray irrigation, and water reuse.
- Training – Providing individual, community, and professional training related to soil science, hydric soils, and engineering applications of soils. In addition, we developed and provided continuing education courses for sewage enforcement officers, engineers, geologists, and surveyors.
- Professional Soil Scientist – Pennsylvania (Professional Member); West Virginia (Professional Member)
Because of Mr. Oram background in Environmental Pollution Control and research on removal mechanisms for the parasitic protozoan Giardia and Cryptosporidium, B.F. Environmental Consultants has been involved with the evaluation of surface and groundwater supplies for the purpose of determining if Giardia is present or if the groundwater source was directly under the influence of a surface water body. The company has also provided expert testimony in the fields of environmental science, hydrology, on-lot wastewater disposal, and geology.
Major Projects Completed
Wastewater, Groundwater Recharge, and Infiltration
Conducting soils and hydrological evaluations related to the dry stream discharge systems.
Interesting Online Training Courses
We are in the process of setting up Face-to-Face Courses. They will be posted here at our New Training Portal - Training Professionals Online Training Courses. We will be scheduling courses in soil science, soil morphology, hydric soils, and water sampling.